Pay camp Dues
(aka... Spanky's "bottom" line)
2023 Village Dues and Budget
Dues are what pays for the infrastructure of the camp. Things like the bar, bar supplies, the showers, generator, fuel for the generator, camp lighting, sound and decor, signage, construction materials, equipment, administrative costs, dumping fees, bar ice, and the copious amounts of beer and wine we serve to the masses at Burning Man.
Due to general inflation, the astronomical cost of building supplies, lumber, and fuel, camp dues have increased this year.
IMPORTANT DUES INFO:
- 2023 camp dues are $475 and are non-refundable
- To secure your place in camp you must pay the minimum of $250 deposit by 1 March 2023
- Dues must be paid in full no later than 31 May 2023
- No profit is made from camp dues
- All camp dues go towards operating Spanky’s Wine Bar at Burning Man
- Our budget is transparent and will be posted after the event
- You can make your payment by check, cash, money order, or Zelle (instructions below)
- We no longer accept Venmo, PayPal, or any other methods
- You can only pay one person’s dues at a time
- For instructions on how to make payments by cash, check, or money order, contact our Treasurer (Spank Banker) firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Dues are not refundable. Camp dues are spent nearly as quickly as they are received. If you pay camp dues and something happens which makes it impossible for you to attend Burning Man, the best way to get a refund on your camp dues is to find somebody to replace you in camp (subject to approval by Spanky’s Management).
That’s Really Expensive 🙁
We at Spanky’s understand that we are in tough economic times and that some people are truly broke. If this is the case for you… email email@example.com. Let him know about your situation and how much you can afford to pay. He will do his best to work something out for you. This might include extra work shifts, payment plans, etc. All hardship cases are kept strictly confidential.
The Fund for Wayward Spankers
We at Spanky’s understand that some of you are so wonderful, so generous of spirit, and such rock stars that you are willing to pay more than the minimum share of the village dues. If this is the case, we can’t begin to tell you how much we love you! Your donations help to assist other dedicated and hard-working Spankers who might not be able to pay the full amount of camp dues because of severe financial hardships.
Got it, How do I Pay my Dues or Make a Donation?
I’m glad you asked. Best/easiest/fastest way is to pay using Zelle. If you’ve never used Zelle before, it’s easy to setup, and you probably already have it in your banking app/website. You can get more info on Zelle’s website here. Once you’ve got Zelle set up, you can scan the QR code below (or manually enter the phone/name info). Please make sure to include your name in the memo.
To pay by cash, check, or money order, contact our Treasurer (Spank Banker) firstname.lastname@example.org
SPANKY’S PROJECTED BUDGET FOR 2024