Rules and Responsibilities
In order to have a great time and be a good Spanker, it’s extremely important that some common-sense rules and responsibilities be followed. Most everything you’ll need to know about Burning Man and Spanky’s is on this website.
RULES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read the info on this website
- Pay your camp dues (non-refundable)
- Sign-up for SWB workshifts
- Do your workshifts. Know the job description. Do your workshift well/sober
- Be part of the fun, not a source of drama
- Take care of yourself on the playa. You’re in the desert and the desert is trying to kill you
- Be as self-reliant as you can
- Keep your personal space in camp clean, organized, MOOP-free, and always prepared for wind/rain
- Keep Spanky’s MOOP-free throughout the week
- Don’t party too hard, especially when you have workshifts the next day
- Keep an open mind and an open heart
- Stay until the end (Monday at noon) to help break-down, load-up, and MOOP
- Make and serve my appetizer without giving anyone food poisoning
- Above all else, use common sense and have a great time!
Great! Now what?
Now raise your right hand and say, “To all these things, I do solemnly swear, on the soul of Larry Harvey… Amen”
Please read the 11 Principles before signing-up